Image Courtesy of Ryan Adams
The Splendour in the Grass lineup was announced this morning and as usual we’ve taken to it with a fine tooth comb to pick out the best of indie-folk, acoustic and roots based music. If you’re a Timber and Steel reader and fan and you’re planning on heading to Splendour make sure you keep an eye out for the following:
- Of Monsters & Men – With a new album dropping in June the Icelandic nu-folkers have a lot to live up to following the success of 2011’s My Head Is An Animal. But we reckon they’re up for the challenge
- Ryan Adams – Rumour is that Ryan Adams (above) will be touring this year with his full band in tow. I know there’s already a lot of chatter about when and where his sideshows will be – we’ll let you know as soon as we know!
- Boy & Bear – Boy & Bear have been pretty quiet on the Australian front of late but that’s all set to change with their return to the Splendour stage
- Xavier Rudd & The United Nations – Xavier Rudd’s new project Xavier Rudd & The United Nations launched at Bluesfest this year with a brand new album in tow. We’re hearing very good things about the new lineup so definitely one to catch at Splendour this year.
- Dustin Tebbutt – Dustin Tebbutt’s star continues to rise and a showing on the Splendour stage is just going to gain this singer-songwriter even more fans.
- Jenny Lewis – I must admit that I don’t know much about singer-songwriter Jenny Lewis outside of the fact she’s beloved by fans of indie-folk music. Seems like the perfect excuse to check her out.
- C.W. Stoneking – The retro jungle-blues singer is a favourite at festivals and will be a welcome respite in the midst of all the craziness
- Art Of Sleeping – The Brisbane band may have stepped away from their indie-folk-rock roots of late but they still put on one hell of a show.
Splendour in the Grass takes place from Friday 24th to Sunday 26th July at North Byron Parklands with Tickets going on sale next Thursday 23rd April. Check out the full lineup below:
Blur, Florence + The Machine, Mark Ronson, Of Monsters & Men, The Wombats, Tame Impala, Peking Duk, Ryan Adams, Flight Facilities, Royal Blood, Death Cab For Cutie, Earl Sweatshirt, Boy & Bear, Porter Robinson, The Dandy Warhols, Xavier Rudd & The United Nations, Azealia Banks, The Rubens, Jamie T, Pond, Spiritualized, Alison Wonderland, Thundamentals, Best Coast, Everything Everything, San Cisco, Ms Mr, Jarryd James, Purity Ring, Allday, Carmada, The Grates, The Smith Street Band, Tkay Maidza, Johnny Marr Last Dinosaurs, Megan Washington, The Vaccines, #1 Dads, The Church, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis, The King Khan & Bbq Show, Alpine, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Paul Mac, Dustin Tebbutt, Mø, Years And Years, Jenny Lewis, C.W. Stoneking, Seekae, George Maple, Elliphant, Client Liason, Palma Violets, Safia, Hayden James, Dune Rats, Wolf Alice, Meg Mac, Cosmo’s Midnight, Marmozets, Oh Mercy, Mansionair, The Districts, Shlohmo, Elizabeth Rose, The Delta Riggs, Circa Waves, Nancy Whang, Eves The Behavior, Urban Cone, Art Of Sleeping, Japanese Wallpaper, Gengahr, Bad//Dreems, Ecca Vandal, Holy Holy, Vallis Alps, Uv Boi, The Babe Rainbow, Harts, Generik, Young Franco, Mickey Kojack, Gl, Benson, Harvey Sutherland, Total Giovanni Djs, Dugong Jr, I’lls, Akouo, Noise In My Head, Triple J Unearthed Winners, Joyride, Post Percy, Ara Koufax, Cc:Disco!, Adi Toohey, Set Mo, Edd Fisher